Growth Marketing Director
Cedar is a fast-growing NYC health-tech start-up looking to add an experienced and innovative Growth Marketing Director to our team. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert (in both an internal and external capacity) regarding Cedar, our platform expansion and associated solutions, buyer/user personas, coordinating technologies, and overall industry trends. You will be responsible for collaboratively defining marketing strategy, specifically focused on product messaging and positioning, as well as executing a variety of communication/growth plans to reach specific target audiences – including the development of marketing assets and account-focused sales support collateral.
This is a critical, growth-focused role that works closely and collaboratively with Product, Partnerships/Sales, Account Management, and others within the organization to ensure the alignment and the success of the go-to-market plan. This position reports to the VP, Marketing.
At Cedar, we look for candidates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, self-starter and has previously worked in a start-up (or entrepreneurial) environment. Additionally, candidates should be comfortable playing a role in various aspects of the commercial business including build-out of internal company processes and recruiting.
- Lead the growth marketing plan and execution for Cedar’s first product, CedarPay, and platform expansion
- Based on a deep understanding of market needs, define clear and compelling messaging, unique positioning, content, sales enablement, lead gen strategies, as well as account support and expansion programs
- Perform strategic market analysis including conducting market research and win/loss interviews, working with current clients, prospects, partners, industry analysts and influencers
- Serve as a company champion and spokesperson, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders through social media, webcasts, events, product demonstrations, etc.
- Develop thought leadership and lead generation content including whitepapers, blog posts, and media outreach to establish Cedar’s unique POV with target audience segments
- Support strategic client and internal events (e.g. client partner conferences, sales meetings), including development of presentations/sessions/training for areas related to product value
- Provide market and buyer insights to help inform messaging, product-market fit and the product roadmap
- Orchestrate our product release marketing efforts and lead the evolution of our approach as our set of offerings grows
- Leverage intelligence about key competitors to develop recommendations for how to successfully compete against them
- Work with agency partners and graphic designers to guide brand architecture (as it relates to the product positioning) via creative, innovative and compelling brand guidelines and campaign visuals
- Perform regular status updates to communicate results to leadership/board and other internal stakeholders -- including product marketing KPIs, solution-specific MQLs/pipeline and customer health
__Required Skills & Experience __
- 8+ years marketing experience, preferably with 3+ years of content or product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS or health-tech space
- Strong history of leading and executing solutions marketing strategies and plans including building a market-driven business case, creating compelling messaging materials, developing and executing marketing and launch plans
- Trained, versed, and a practitioner in product and solution marketing methodologies
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle process and agile software development lifecycle process; preferably experience strategizing and launching enterprise software solutions
- Proven ability to understand and simplify complex, technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- Strong people skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required, MS/MBA preferred
- Prior healthcare experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Hubspot and Google Analytics is preferred
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart, diverse and passionate team dedicated to solving a problem that impacts millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company; we value all feedback and perspectives
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks (brain food!!!!)
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund
- About Cedar