Growth Product Manager
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classified Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. We look forward to hearing from you.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We’ve organized around the key stages of the customer, where every journey team is a matrix team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers.
You will be part of the Acquisition & Activation Growth Team. This is a fast-paced team that will be responsible for optimizing the customer funnel. The individuals on this team are highly motivated team to create new channels and optimize features that drive user activation and engagement with our marketplace. This team’s core capability will data-driven rapid experimentation to identify winners that ultimately increase our active user growth rate.
We are looking for someone who has helped grow world-class online products that people love. As our Growth PM, you’ll work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and data teams. You’ll dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze growth experiments, and guide/help the team to move fast and ship solutions.
The Growth Product Manager will be responsible for leading the team through the growth process. This will include facilitating ideation/collaboration, experimentation, and evangelization of team’s results.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Dramatically increase buyer and seller activation and conversions; inform, influence, support, and execute our growth strategy for growing our marketplace vibrancy.
- Drive cross-functional ideas that give you visibility across multiple organizations & teams.
- Drive end-to-end website optimization and related growth features to drive traffic and conversions. Support SEO, content marketing or other acquisition channel efforts.
- Work closely with cross-functional engineering, design, data, and marketing team members. You know how to deploy your resources to get the highest yield.
- Prioritize your backlog with inputs from key stakeholders; continuously evaluating impact versus effort tradeoffs.
- Launch experiments on a weekly basis based on hypotheses. Lead rollout of successful features and continue to optimize them post-launch.
- Leverage your UI/UX design expertise. You can think deeply about product design decisions and spot weaknesses in the work presented to you.
- Assist engineers in making some technical decisions, but you don’t have to be an engineer. You should be eager to learn more from a technical perspective and able to talk at length about the technical challenges they have faced when building past products.
- Measure, track, and analyze effectiveness and performance of features launched. You can quickly grasp numbers and identify discrepancies.
- Pull data and synthesize insights from a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources.
- 5+ years of experience as an online product manager
- 2+ years of experience working in product growth, engagement, or monetization, including definition of customer scenarios, definition of A/B tests, analysis of funnel performance, creative problem solving, and helping a team build and ship high-quality code
- Solid experience managing the growth process a (3+ years)
- Led small team through rapid discovery iterations
- Driven teams to a high rate of experimentation (i.e. minimum 20+ tests per month)
- In-depth knowledge of statistical testing frameworks and tooling
- Strong domain expertise in growth marketing channels (SEO, content, CRM, onboarding, activation features)
- Strong understanding of analytics and marketing domains
- Demonstrated team leadership skills (cross-functional collaboration, delivering results, organizational influence/impact)
- Prior experience working in high-growth online company (or scaled start-up)
- Online commerce experience (3+ years)
- Global experience (3+ years working on multi-tenant, multi-national platform)
- Strong Agile or lean product development knowledge
- Computer science or other technical degree is a plus but not required