Director of Growth
Founded by two Vogue power players and hailed by The Wall Street Journal as “the future of kids’ style shopping,” Maisonette is a curated online marketplace for exclusive children’s brands and boutiques. Backed by Thrive Capital and NEA, we intend to become the global leader of a $300 billion market by approaching children’s goods with the same respect and focus on style that has been traditionally given to women’s and men’s apparel. We have built a team of experts in their fields and are seeking stars to help us scale the business.
The Director of Growth is a true full-stack integrated marketing leader who will develop and execute our acquisition and retention strategy. The ideal candidate will have a proactive approach and a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, this person will be responsible for strategically driving the team forward.
What You'll Do:
- Develop comprehensive strategic vision and tactical plan to support company’s quarterly, annual and long-term growth goals.
- Implement and oversee all aspects of user acquisition and customer retention across paid and organic channels.
- Develop data-driven processes to measure campaign performance against KPIs and optimize as needed, with daily, quarterly and yearly reports/dashboards that effectively communicate current state of business and program performance.
- Achieve all relevant KPI’s and growth and retention targets within budget.
- Partner with Creative to develop high-impact, on-brand assets that optimize our campaigns.
What You’re Responsible For:
- A multi-million dollar annual budget, including the management of monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, quarterly forecasting against acquisition and revenue goals, agile optimization with our agencies, and weekly/monthly reporting.
- Delivering growth metrics and granular growth forecast by channel.
- Collaboration with brand marketing, creative and other cross-functional teams for campaign strategy, development and execution.
- Uncovering new paid and organic growth opportunities to acquire new and engaged users: platforms, channels, content co-ops, advertising, integrations, and beyond.
- Continually increasing marketing spend efficiency across all channels, driving optimization efforts to improve results and ROAS.
- The day-to-day management and evaluation of all internal and external resources required to deliver on the acquisition marketing strategy, including agency briefing, contract negotiations, target/KPI setting and evaluation, reporting, and relationship management.
- All client acquisition touch-points across all device platforms in a strategic, structured and measurable manner.
- Analysis and marketing strategy (channels, copy, creative, etc.) around core customer segments: size, detail, and psychographics.
- With the creative team, a best in class post-click experience, optimizing landing pages for SEO, trends, and content that informs purchase.
- Identify and build technology stack to deliver on goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years in performance marketing, campaign optimization, and statistical analysis
- 2+ years managing digital agencies
- 2+ years managing teams
- A proven track record of outcome-focused execution in direct response marketing with budgets in excess of $5M annually
- A customer oriented understanding of the psychology of what works and why
- Strong background in marketing technology and data analytics, including experience working with data scientists, data visualization tools, attribution modeling, and data feeds
- Hands-on, proactive approach and established testing philosophy
- Deep understanding of marketing's relationship to overall financials
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to proactively work with multiple teams and functions within the company including creative, engineering, and brand
- High level of independence and ability to execute across the marketing stack
- High proficiency in G Suite, MS Office Suite and Looker or similar
- Understanding of what it means to be held accountable to a number
- Competitive mindset; not satisfied with second place