Product Growth & Analytics
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world!
Digital Media’s mission is to bring the world courtside by providing the NBA experience for everyone, everywhere. The department creates and manages digital products that extend the league’s global reach, from mobile applications to virtual reality experiences. The NBA is the most popular sports league on social media, and the Digital Media team manages all of the league’s social platforms. Globally the Digital Media team also delivers live games and exclusive content through NBA League Pass directly to fans on web, mobile and connected devices, and develops strategies for distributing content with our global regional offices and partners. The department also works with NBA Digital in the U.S. (a joint venture between the NBA and Turner Sports) to manage and present best-in-class websites and digital products for the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and all teams across the three leagues.
The Digital Media Product and Emerging Technology team’s mission is to deliver world class experiences that fans love and to grow the number of fans who use our products every day. We develop a product strategy that advocates for the fan and the NBA’s business, and is based on a deep understanding of consumer insights, data, and research.
You will help drive the next phase of growth for the NBA’s digital product portfolio. In this role, you will help enable better decision-making for the group of product teams focused on increasing engagement, retention and revenue across our web and mobile properties. You will help evaluate and work with third party analytics tools to gather insights, and work directly with product managers to design and implement A/B and multivariate tests to impact our core metrics. You will also convey insights in actionable ways that can influence strategic decision-making and prioritization for the digital product management team. In joining this team, you will help to contribute to continuous learning, insightful analysis and experimentation with an unrelenting fan focus.
- Manage data driven strategies to drive the growth of NBA users and subscribers through innovative product features, content initiatives, and marketing/communication efforts
- Conduct analysis of product performance to draw insights that drive critical decision-making and to uncover user/subscriber patterns of consumption
- Design, build and maintain visual dashboards to track key initiatives and enable self-service data discovery, and help communicate findings across the company
- Collaborate with digital development teams to automate and combine data across product, channel, and monetization models
- Working with data engineers, help build the analytics layer of our team’s data environment
- Assist in the coordination of data collection from various sources which may include working with external partners to resolve questions, inconsistencies, and/or obtain missing data
Required Experience & Knowledge
- 2- 3+ years of experience in a product analytics, data analysis and/or product growth/optimization role focused on digital experiences (mobile, web, video, commerce/subscription)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data analysis, actionable insights, and work directly with product managers to implement and measure recommended actions
- Customer and business obsession, with a bias for action and a drive to create measurable value
- Practical expertise with leading product analysis software tools and a willingness and ability to combine internal and external methods to gather and analyze data
- Strong working-knowledge of presentation and data visualization
- Understanding of digital data architecture and work flows
- Experience working with premium and/or subscription products direct-to-consumer preferred
- Technology-savvy with an understanding of evolving media and content landscape and trends
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basketball and a passion for the NBA and sports is helpful and preferred
Educational Background Required
- CS/Business STEM or equivalent degree preferred