Director, Growth Marketing
Director, Growth Marketing - PeerStream
PeerStream, Inc., formerly Snap Interactive, Inc., a leader in developing successful social video applications that have delivered billions of video messages to over half a billion users around the world, is looking for an experienced Director of Growth Marketing to drive its user acquisition strategy on mobile. You will be driving the growth strategy for two core video products, Paltalk and Camfrog, as well as new consumer product initiatives.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing effective acquisition strategies and launch new marketing programs while working with cross-functional teams. Includes content development, social media and email marketing strategy and execution, and digital partner/agency management.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the health of our overall customer acquisition activity
- Help drive down acquisition cost through creative and organic acquisition tactics.
- Develop sophisticated acquisition strategies that meet the unique demands of customer segments.
- Managing paid marketing spend and report daily/weekly on key performance metrics.
- Optimize our bidding strategy across millions of keywords in an industry where optimal bids are changing constantly
- Test, manage and optimize a series of acquisition offers for maximum efficiency and efficacy against seasonality and user cohorts.
Who You Are:
- A paid search and social marketing leader. You bring extensive paid search and general digital marketing expertise. You’ve led or been a key part of a best-in-class SEM organization operating at scale (ideally 6 figures monthly). You bring strong know-how about how to automate campaigns, optimize bids, and drive strong performance.
- Ruthlessly analytical. You’re an engineer at heart and complex analytical models and SQL queries excite you. You have a bachelors or masters degree in a quantitative field, and ideally have experience with more advanced analytics, programming, and statistical tools.
- You understand the future of AI-driven marketing and know how to lead the company there.
- Ability and eagerness to effectively balance the big-picture strategic work with execution. A strategic thinker and strong communicator. You’re equally comfortable in the weeds and thinking big picture. You’ll be asked to identify the high-level risks and opportunities for the channel. You’re a strong communicator who can clearly lay out your vision and make a compelling case for necessary resources to senior executives.
- A driver for growth. You’ll be tasked with quickly scaling one of our most important, highest potential marketing channels. You’re the kind of person who thrives on that challenge. You’re extremely proactive and gritty, and you make the most of what you have.
- Experienced people manager. You have at least 7+ years of professional experience overall with at least 3 years experience directly managing a team.
- Provide analysis on acquisition, onboarding and new user retention strategies, optimizing the program for overall business outcomes (not 'growth at any cost' hacking).
- A propensity for testing constantly and a constant advocate for marketing excellence
- Have had direct experience working with the Facebook Marketing and Google Ads APIs
- Proven relevant work experience in mobile marketing
- Firm understanding of mobile measurement partners
- Track record of delivering customer acquisition growth and optimization across key metrics
- 7-10+ years of experience in digital marketing, conversion, and testing
- Mobile app experience a must
- Experience working in a nimble team with high growth expectations
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and able to lead cross-functional executions simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree, Masters is a plus
- Position is based out of our NYC office by Grand Central
Perks and Benefits:
- Stock options in a publicly traded company
- Free massages every week; free snacks and beverages; discounted local gym membership
- 100% covered medical insurance at the employee-only level
- 401k Matching of $0.50 for every $1.00 you contribute up to 6% of your base salary
- Pre-tax flexible savings account and pre-tax commuter program (MetroCards, parking, etc.)